Saturday, March 29, 2014

Living Room Redecorating!

I started the living room redecorating by stripping the wallpaper.  We are living in the family home of my husband and his father started the tradition years ago to sign the walls each time the wall paper was stripped. We continued this tradition by letting our kids and grandkids sign the walls before we started.

 
Because we did not want to wallpaper again and the plaster walls need repair we used liner paper on the walls before we painted.  This is an easy way to cover ugly walls. We primed and painted the liner paper and then the decorating began.



I wanted to make a family tree like I had seen on Pinterest.  I started by finding a tree that I liked and penciling it on the wall. Then I took several different colors of acrylic brown and painted the tree/branches and added some as I went.


 
 

After the paint was complete I painted all the frame brown or used dark wood frames. I mixed old family pictures with new family pictures.


 
The remainder of the living room is decorated in a beach theme. I had several beach pictures and wanted to use them. I used the wall color from dining room as accent in the living room.
 
The "M" was bought at Hobby Lobby .
The star fish were bought at TJ Maxx .
I bought the picture frame at an thrift store and
painted it to match.
The Simplify sign can be custom made on Etsy.
 


 This sign is available on Etsy
 


The pillows I made from decorator fabric samples I bought from Joann Fabric and Craft Store.


The curtains were found at Kmart. They are a sheer teal blue.
 
So glad this is finished! Hope you enjoyed my living room redecorating tour!






No comments:

Post a Comment